Last Revised: May 23, 2018
2. Information We Collect
We collect two types of data and information from our Users, Non-Personal Information and Personal Information.
- Personal Information: The second type of information we collect is individually identifiable information, such as name, email address, and telephone number (“Personal Information”). We collect Personal Information when:
o A User chooses to provide Personal Information in the Contact Us Form or a similar form on the Site. Personal Information collected in these forms includes the User’s full name, country, e-mail address, phone number (optional), any text the User voluntarily writes in the “message” box, and other Personal Information provided by a User in a Site form.
o A User provides his/her name, e-mail and company name when he/she requests to download articles or brochures from the Site.
When you voluntarily submit your Personal Information to us through a Site form, you will separately be asked to consent to INSIGHTEC’s collection and use of the information that you submit so that INSIGHTEC may respond to your inquiry or request.
The only Personal Information we collect automatically for all Users of the Site is IP address (or media access control (“MAC”) address as applicable). We use this Personal Information as described below.
3. How We Use and Share the Information
- Non-Personal Information. We use the Non-Personal Information we collect to operate the Site, for statistical and research purposes relating to use of our Site, for customization and improvement of our Site (e.g. enhancing the Users’ experience by analyzing trends and Users’ preferences in using the Site and updating the Site to better align with Users’ preferences) and to help tailor future commercial services.
- Personal Information. We use the Personal Information we collect to:
o Contact Users to provide technical assistance and support.
o Provide Users who subscribe to our newsletters with INSIGHTEC updates and news.
o Provide Users with a copy of their information submitted in a Site form (e.g., a User who completes a quiz receives an email copy of his/her quiz responses).
o Determine general geolocation information (i.e., country) from which the User’s computer is connected to the Internet in order for us to provide tailored content (e.g., Users in the United States see information about products available in the United States) as well as in order to safeguard our Site.
o Verify the User’s identity for the purpose of dealing with inappropriate interactions with the Site.
We share Personal Information we collect with third parties in the following circumstances:
o to comply with applicable law, regulation, legal process, subpoena or governmental request
o to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues related to the Site
o to respond to claims that any content available on the Site violates the rights of third parties
o to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of INSIGHTEC, its Users, or the general public
o when INSIGHTEC is undergoing any change in control, including by means of merger, acquisition or purchase of all or substantially all of its assets
o pursuant to your explicit approval prior to the disclosure
4. Deletion or Modification of Personal Information
We do not knowingly solicit, collect or use Personal Information from children under the age of thirteen (13). We reserve the right to request proof of age at any stage so that we can verify that minors under the age of thirteen (13) are not using the Site. If we learn that we collected Personal Information from children under the age of thirteen (13), we will endeavor to delete that information as quickly as possible. Please contact INSIGHTEC at: email@example.com if you have reasons to suspect that INSIGHTEC collected Personal Information from children under the age of thirteen (13), and we will endeavor to delete that information as quickly as possible.
We take commercially reasonable administrative, technical, physical and organizational security measures to maintain the security and integrity of our Site and User Personal Information and protect against loss, misuse, or improper access through generally accepted industry standard technologies and internal procedures. Please note, however, that there are inherent risks in transmission of information over the Internet or other methods of electronic storage, and we cannot guarantee that unauthorized access or use of your Personal Information will never occur.
7. Third Party Service Providers
8. Tracking Technologies
9. International Data Transfer
We may transfer information collected about you, including Personal Information, to affiliated entities, or to other third party service providers (as provided herein) across borders and from your country or jurisdiction to other countries or jurisdictions around the world, as permitted by applicable laws. Please note that we may transfer such information to a country and jurisdiction that does not have the same data protection laws as your jurisdiction. With respect to Personal Information about individuals in the EU, INSIGHTEC transfers such Personal Information to Israel and, for such transfers, relies on the fact that the European Commission has determined that Israel provides adequate safeguards for protection of Personal Information.
10. Direct Marketing
On our Contact Us page, you may choose to receive company news, newsletters, product announcements and such, informing you of certain updates or about our new products or services. You will separately be asked on the Contact Us page to consent to our collection and use of your e-mail address so that we can send you such information, if you so choose. You may withdraw your consent at any time by sending a written notice to INSIGHTEC by e-mail to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org. You also may object to our processing of your Personal Information for direct marketing purposes at any time by sending a written notice to INSIGHTEC at that same email address, and we will cease processing your Personal Information for those purposes upon receipt of your objection. INSIGHTEC does not share email addresses with third parties for third parties’ direct marketing activities.
INSIGHTEC complies with California’s law regarding disclosure of Personal Information with third parties for direct marketing purposes by not disclosing such information to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. California residents who have questions regarding this law and INSIGHTEC’s compliance with it may contact us as set forth below.
12. Information for Individuals Residing in the EU
- INSIGHTEC is the “data controller” (the entity that determines the purposes and means of processing your personal data) for the Personal Information you share on the Site, and INSIGHTEC can be contacted at email@example.com.
- As described above, when you share your Personal Information on the Site, it is for the purposes of providing information you request (such as responses to your questions and newsletters/updates) and other purposes described above. The uses of your Personal Information are based upon your consent, and, with respect to collection and use of your IP address, INSIGHTEC’s legitimate interests in operating the Site.
- As a data subject, you have the right to request from INSIGHTEC access to, rectification of, erasure of, and/or restriction of processing of your Personal Information. You also have the right to object to further processing of your Personal Information and to request that your Personal Information be transferred to a third party. To exercise any of these rights, please contact INSIGHTEC at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You may withdraw your consent to the processing of your Personal Information at any time without such withdrawal affecting the lawfulness of processing that occurred before the withdrawal. You may unsubscribe to INSIGHTEC newsletters by clicking the “Unsubscribe” button at the bottom of each newsletter, or you may email email@example.com to withdraw your consent to the processing of your Personal Information for which INSIGHTEC relies on your consent.
- INSIGHTEC transfers Personal Information to Israel and, for such transfers, relies on the fact that the European Commission has determined that Israel provides adequate safeguards for protection of Personal Information.
- If you have a concern with the handling of your Personal Information, you may lodge a complaint with the applicable Data Protection Authority in the country in which you reside; however, INSIGHTEC asks that you first contact INSIGHTEC at firstname.lastname@example.org so that INSIGHTEC may attempt to fully address your concern.
To make our Site work properly, we sometimes place small data files called cookies on your device.
What are cookies?
A cookie is a small text file that a website saves on your computer or mobile device when you visit the site. It enables the website to remember your actions and preferences (such as login, language, font size and other display preferences) over a period of time, so you don’t have to keep re-entering them whenever you come back to the site or browse from one page to another.
How to control cookies
You can control and/or delete cookies as you wish – for details, see www.aboutcookies.org. You can delete all cookies that are already on your computer and you can set most browsers to prevent them from being placed. If you do this, however, you may have to manually adjust some preferences every time you visit a site and some services and functionalities may not work.